With the temperatures dropping and the holidays just around the corner it seems that the winter trends are in full force. Although I love so many looks this season I’ll only list my top 5:
- TIGHTS– you can’t go wrong with a great pair of fun tights this holiday. They are great with dresses, skirts, even winter shorts. This season is all about colored and textured tights. If you’re afraid of the cold elements try a thick pair under your favorite long sleeve dress. This is a great way to keep wearing your favorite summer pieces all year long.
- SEQUINS: Tis the season to be bright! This look is so fun! You can find sequins everywhere right now. On sweaters, socks, shoes, tops, pants, headbands and so many more! Everyone loves to sparkle and shine this time of year so find a great piece you love and don’t be afraid to wear this trend. This is a look that works for all ages so don’t shy away because you’ll miss out on a fun opportunity this holiday!
- COZY SWEATERS: sweaters, sweaters, sweaters! I can’t get enough of them this winter! Long, short, cable, loose woven, asymmetrical, bright pattered! You name it it’s in! Even your grandma’s woven sweaters can be adorable with a short skirt and tights! This is crucial for layering this season and its perfect for those nights out on the town or staying in. You can wear them with skinny jeans and tall boots, over dresses for a fun look, with collared shirts under or just with leggings. If nothing else invest in your favorite must have sweater this season, this trend isn’t going anywhere.
4. HOLIDAY DRESSES: This season is full of fun beautiful dresses. Flowing dresses, structured dresses, patterned or solid dress are all in style. Don’t be afraid of hemlines either. You can’t go wrong with any dress length this holiday. The brighter the color the more fun you’ll have is my philosophy when it comes to Holiday parties. Out with the black, in with the color. You can wear your holiday dress with tights, thigh-highs, socks and more. Accessories are the perfect match for dressing your outfit up or down this season.
5. BOOTS: I can’t seem to buy enough pairs of boots this season. I’m still a HUGE fan of boots with short dresses or skirts and an oversized sweater. Another amazing trend are boot socks. They are great with leggings or jeans and you can pair them with your favorite dresses too. You can’t go wrong with ankle boots, riding boots, over the knee boots, tall or short boots; even fur boots are back! There are so many places to find gorgeous boots this season, so you can’t have any excuses!
How do you wear your favorite holiday trends? What are your top 5 trends you see? Do you see any other fun trends emerging this holiday?