As 2018 is quickly coming to an end it seems that everyone is hoping to start the New Year off with a bang! Gym memberships, clean eating, fresh new hair do and just a positive outlook on entering 2019. So many great goals yet people fail to keep these bright resolutions past the first 30 days. This terrible fact got me thinking about tips I use to be more disciplined and how I achieve my goals.
First, I am by no means an expert nor am I pretending to be! I do, however, have a few tips that help me balance working full time in two roles, working out 4x a week, being a present girl friend/friend/daughter/dog mom, etc. all while looking and feeling my best! Let’s face it though, we are ALL busy and life only goes by faster it seems. So here are my fail proof tips that I promise will help you stay on track to accomplishing your New Years Resolutions!
- Resolution You Can Keep: Now it is so important to ‘dream big’ but that doesn’t mean you can get over 1M Instagram followers in a single year if it’s not your full-time job. It’s important to be realistic about your goal and create a plan/timeline to achieve it. Set up milestones along the way and check in with yourself and your progress. Don’t be afraid to also let your goal evolve as needed.
- Time Management: This is the number one most important tip! You cannot complete everything you need to get done if you do not plan accordingly, it’s just a fact. The best thing I’ve found is creating To-Do list or use an app (I personally use Google Task) and write down what you need to get done for the day, week, or month. Once you have everything captured, prioritize your tasks so you can check them off as you work down the list. (I’m a weirdo and get a lot of satisfaction by striking through a task once it’s completed! Who’s with me?!)
- Discipline: Stop with the excuses! I cannot tell you how many times I was sitting on my butt and didn’t want to get up and go to the gym. Every single time I did get up and workout I felt so much happier and pleased with myself! It is so important to be disciplined with yourself and stick to your goals, if you don’t accomplish them, then who will?
- Talk About It: Being self disciplined is only part of the equation here. Telling others about your resolutions helps you stay accountable! Don’t be afraid to ask for support or have a friend check in on your progress. An accountability buddy really goes a long way and who knows maybe your friend is looking for the same support!
- Don’t Beat Yourself Up: It is ok to hit a few bumps along the way that take you off track. The important thing is that you encourage yourself to keep going no matter what. Give yourself a pep talk, practice some self love and remind yourself why you set your goals in the first place. Sometimes we all need a little reminder to keep us going.
So now that I’ve shared my tips I’m dying to know your New Year’s Resolutions! Share with me below and let’s do this together! Happy New Years!
One thought on “New Year, New You?”